Tuesday, 19 January 2016

Detox & Diet - my experience on the GM diet. Days one and two...

My husband's brother and his wife visited at the weekend and told us about a seven day detox they do to kickstart off their diet. It's called the GM diet - apparently it was something General Motors got their employees to do, but this isn't confirmed.
It's a restrictive diet, but I thought I'd give it a go as I'd like to lose two stone.

So, yesterday was Day One, and all I could eat was fruit - they recommend lots of melon - and lots of water to drink - 10-15 glasses.
I thought it would be harder than it actually was. I'm used to drinking water anyway because of my kidney problems, and eating nothing but fruit was actually nice after stuffing myself with junk food since Christmas.

Day Two - today I eat nothing but vegetables - carrots, corn and peas not allowed - with more water, but I'm also allowed a bowl of their veggie soup when I want it. This is a soup made with onions, green peppers, celery, cabbage, tomatoes, salt, pepper and chicken stock. It's a bit bland, but good if you want something hot.
You have a baked potato for breakfast on day two, with a small amount of butter, which was really nice, then any vegetables, including salad veg - raw or cooked - througout the day.
They recommend that you do around 10-15 minutes of gentle exercise each day so that your metabolism doesn't slow too much. I've walked the dog, I'll do fifteen minutes on the treadmill later.

There are some side effects such as headaches and feeling tired as the days go on, but I'm okay so far.
I'll check in tomorrow and let you know how I'm getting on.

Anyone interested in trying this, just Google GM diet.

Once the seven days are up, I'll then go onto my usual low carb diet. Things like bread and pasta are my downfall, so I'll avoid those, do thirty minutes on the treadmill six days a week, and hopefully I'll lose the two stone...watch this space!


No comments:

Post a Comment